Hello my dear crafty friends, Irit here, welcome to my monthly Mixed Media team tutorial.
This is a technique I kind of found by myself and I think it's lovely and not so hard one to duplicate.
So here we go!
1. Add a few pieces of wide double sided tape over a thick cardstock. If you have a solid double sided sheet - use it! I just don't have such, so I invented this kind of glue coverage.
2. Use your square/rectangle punches to make a few squares from cardstock. I used cream one just to be seen on photos. It sure can be the usual white we all have.
Peel the upper layer from the glue strips and glue your punched squares to make pretty close to solid tag.
Leave some small gaps in between the squares. Add hand cut strips to cover whatever larger gaps if you have them.
3. Add colorful glitter over the tag and you can see how it looks now.
4. Stamp over the squares using dark ink (I actually used black one; but due to bad lighting it seams to be dark blue). Heat embossed the stamped images with clear powder.
I don't yet own a lot of STAMPlorations stamps, so I used whatever I have and it's this lovely Frames and Flowers set. So I just stamped flowers around the tag.
Now cover the stamped tag with your Gridlocked stencil and cover with a thick layer of Gel Medium.
5. Add a thick layer of clear glitter over the wet gel medium and let it dry.
6. Color the over the texture with a mix of distress inks.
7.Make a hole and tie your fancy ribbon/lace to the tag.
Add some pearls as flower centres.
Stamp the sentiment over a small cardstock piece and glue it over the tag.
I used this fantastic sentiment from Fond Expressions 2 new set.