Friday, February 19, 2016

STENCILED FLOWER AND TAG tutorial by Lee-Anne

Hello!  Lee-Anne here today with a stenciled flower and tag tutorial for you. 



For the flower, I started out with a simple piece of white crinoline:


I taped the crinoline down to my craft sheet and then taped the ARTplorations Shutters stencil over top before adding Archival Inks in three colors:


Here's what it looks like after adding the three colors.  I repeated this with two more times, once with the ARTplorations Gridlocked stencil and once with the Chevron Crazy stencil:


Next I die cut my flowers:


Added some Distress Ink and water to my craft sheet and dipped the flowers in it.  Then they were dried with my heat tool:


For a bit of bling, I added some Brushed Pewter Distress Paint:


Here's the completed flower:


Next, I added three colors of Distress Ink to my craft sheet and dragged a tag through it several times. I dried the tag and then taped the ARTplorations Bloom Silhouettes stencil over top of it.  I added more of the same Brushed Pewter Distress Paint through the stencil:



And here's what it looks like after drying:


And here's my tag complete sentiment from STAMPlorations Typografia,  stenciled flower and ribbon:


Just one of the many ways to use a stencil or two :)  I hope I've inspired you to try something different today!

3 comments:

  1. Loving the silver paint and the crinoline flowers. Clever ideas and fabulous inspiration, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've layered stencils to create a really unique design for your flower. The silver paint adds a special touch of shine. Great tutorial. Thanks Lee-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - love the colors Lee-Anne. Your background is stunning. j.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog