Friday, March 25, 2016

MAKE A WISH ART JOURNAL tutorial by Asmah

Hello there! It's me Asmah once again bringing you another tutorial and this time I'm showing you the first spread from my children's art journal book. With four blessings I know I will enjoy filling up the pages with more loveliness and their childhood photos {smile}.



Let's get started. I used an old unwanted book for this project. Watercolor paint is used to color up the text lightly.



I used retro circles stencil to create a design by brushing watercolor paint through the stencil.


A piece of 6x6 Kaisercraft patterned paper is cut into some strips and adhered randomly on the pages for additional texture and layering in a way.


Next step was applying heavy gesso and adding texture paste through the stencil for more patterns. I have also glued down drywall tape for extra texture.


I stamped some butterflies from the Blossom Like A Butterfly set on thick drawing paper and fussy cut them leaving the antenna behind but not to worry if that has to be done.


The solution is to stamp the antenna on the page before I glue down the fussy cut butterfly to its antenna.


Next step is coloring process for the background and journaling until satisfaction achieved. Here I'm using rub-on from Kaisercraft. The butterflies are colored with Faber-Castell watercolor pencils.




I sincerely hope you will get some inspirations from my art journal today.
I shall be back again soon with another tutorial. 
Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Hugs and smiles,

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the step by step work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous texture on the background, the most beautiful colours and such a personal and gorgeous layout, thank you for the step by step x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog