Monday, May 9, 2016

VINTAGE BOOKMARK tutorial by Tanja

Hi there,

it's Tanja here for you and I would like to show you how to create this vintage bookmark step by step:


  • cut out the Avery Elle Bookmark from watercolor paper and stamp two flowers from the STAMPlorations Blooming Buds stamp set with Distress Markers (Forest Moss, Worn Lipstick) - I used my MISTI to be able to stamp the image twice if necessary ... I ended up stamping the flowers three times each
  • use a watercolor brush and plain water to drag the color from the outlines into the image
  • use Winsor & Newton watercolors to color the image
  • add a background and some splatters with the watercolor paint
  • ink up the edges of the tag with Distress Ink (Tea Dye) and stamp the script from the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Elements with the same ink color - I used my MISTI again and stamped the script twice for a more crisp impression
  • apply Distress Ink (Old Paper) through the ARTplorations Leaf Prints stencil
  • dye a piece of seam binding using the same two Distress ink colors and thread it through the hole of the tag

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.

Until next time,

Yours,

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! Fabulous layers and coloring:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous vintage bookmark! Love the script background and also thank you so much for the tutorial, Tanja :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog