Monday, July 27, 2015

ART JOURNAL PAGE by Asmah

Hello, everyone! Asmah here and I'm glad to have you here on the blog this beautiful Monday. Today it's my turn to share with you the way I do art journal pages in my sketch book.



I love texture and there are various ways one can do to create texture. I love experimenting with items I find interesting to use in my creations. As for texture, my common technique I love is using serviette tissue simply because it creates pattern naturally. I hope you will find my step-by-step tutorial a pleasant reading.



First, I adhered a piece of serviette tissue with PVA glue.


I brushed off the surface with one coat of light gesso.


I dried the gesso with a heat gun and continued with the next process. I decided to use the Bubbles stencil to make patterns randomly by applying modeling paste over it.



My favorite part begins at this point! I love playing with watercolor paints
and water to start coloring...


...until I feel satisfied with the entire coloring process.


Otherwise I will touch up certain areas for depth.


After drying my page with a heat gun, I used Artsy Border Maker to stamp randomly.


I filled up some white space with my hand drawn zen doodle flowers
and added sentiments.




Basically this is how I create my art journal page when I use serviette tissue for texture. There's more to come from me next month. I'm Asmah signing off for now. Happy creating!

10 comments:

  1. Woww me encanto el tutorial lo pondre en practica!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the tutorial Centellazul. Please give me a ring when you have completed your project. I would love to see :)

      Delete
  2. Love all the texture on the journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the step by step tutorial of this page! The journal page is awesome and loved the background Asmah! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suchi. I'm touched by your lovely comment! Hugs xx

      Delete
  4. Such an interesting tutorial Asmah - love that textured background - wow. FABULOUS creation. Thanks bunches for great inspiration! j.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog