Monday, December 7, 2015

DISCOVER -ART PAGE tutorial by Irit

Hello my dear crafty friends, Irit here today. Welcome to my Stencils tutorial made with ARTplorations and STAMPlorations gorgeous products. 
 I decided to make an art page A4 size and to use the new big stencils, but as you can see plans changed and the final piece is a long, but only 2/3 size art page. 
So let's go and make this  Mixed Media piece.
Step by step tutorial:
1. First I used a very thick A4 cardstock, green acrylic paint with make up sponge and the new Leaf bliss Large stencil. 


2. The green paint was too obvious, so I added another layer of yellow paint to make the shades. Just put the stencil in the same place- as much as you can and add a bit of yellow paint over some pieces.



3. The next step was to add some texture with light texture paste. I used Golden paste, but any light paste would be good for this step. I used  another new large stencil- Happy Flowers Large.


4. Now let's add some color. I used Tattered Angels 2 shades of pink mists over the page and now you can see those gorgeous textured flowers from the previous step.


5. As it looked too pink I added some yellow golden mist here and there.Please remember to let your piece to be totally dry to prevent the color mixing (unless you want it to mix) or use your heat gun between mists.


6. Now, as it always happens with MM pieces I decided to cover everything with a bit of magenta acrylic and a lot of white paint. Don't even ask me why. I just felt that this is the right thing to do at that moment. And at this exact moment I decided to cut this piece  to 2/3 size. Don't ask me why again. The mystery of Mixed Media is that you never know what you are going to get at the end. 


7. And now for the finished project. I will show you the pieces of it:  I added white pen dots around the textured flowers. Added a lot of stamped borders using STAMPlorations fantastic border set called ARTSY Border maker. Then I stamped the words from one of the best jorunalling sets ever- Bold sentiments- Discover set. 



 And here is my beauty at the end!



4 comments:

  1. Yes what a beauty .... Thank you for the step by step. It brought a smile to my face as when i started to read and looked at the colours, tecniques etc I thought I had clicked on another of your wonderful creations as it really didn't look like the final piece. The joy of MM and keep reading! Absolutely fabulous, clever and very creative, love the colours, the layers and the final piece x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Gorgeous discovery...in the end you have a beautiful mixed media work of art. TFS each photo and describing your fun steps Irit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely art work...loved the use of stencil! :)Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog