Friday, December 4, 2015

WOOD PANEL ANGEL tutorial by Lee-Anne


Hello, creative lovelies!  It's Lee-Anne with a Christmas project for you today.  This is a 6" x 6" x 1" birch wood panel that you can set on a table, or hang on the wall.


  • this is the unfinished birch frame

  • here it is painted gold.  I've used a layer of gold watercolor paint, followed by a layer of gold acrylic mixed with some water and an extender.  It gave a nice mottled effect.



  • while that was drying I painted some grungeboard letters with black acrylic ink


  • then I placed the stencil back over the dried embossing paste

  • and masked off the rest of the stencil and the wood panel


  • this is the effect I achieved


  • the final step was to adhere the letters to the panel

  • And again, here's the finished panel

Hope this has inspired you today...thanks for checking out my tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog