Hello, creative lovelies! It's Lee-Anne with a Christmas project for you today. This is a 6" x 6" x 1" birch wood panel that you can set on a table, or hang on the wall.
- this is the unfinished birch frame
- here it is painted gold. I've used a layer of gold watercolor paint, followed by a layer of gold acrylic mixed with some water and an extender. It gave a nice mottled effect.
- next, I added translucent embossing paste using the ARTplorations Nativity Angel stencil and let it dry.
- while that was drying I painted some grungeboard letters with black acrylic ink
- then I placed the stencil back over the dried embossing paste
- and masked off the rest of the stencil and the wood panel
- then I taped the ARTplorations Dots and Dashes stencil over top of the Nativity Angel stencil and inked it with black archival ink
- this is the effect I achieved
- then I added one of the stamps from STAMPlorations Mixed Media Elements in the corners...I only inked half the stamp for the shorter part of the frame
- the final step was to adhere the letters to the panel
- And again, here's the finished panel
Hope this has inspired you today...thanks for checking out my tutorial!