Friday, February 5, 2016

DISCOVER LIFE'S WONDERS tutorial by Carol


Hi there, Carol here today with a tutorial to show how I decorated this wooden block.

I started with an old stamp block which I'd previously painted with gesso.


Using the Gridlocked stencil and black lava texture gel I created the background.

 

I've used the gorgeous Morning Glory large stamp and stamped on some left over gelli print which features the Foiled Again stencil.


This was used to paper piece an image stamped onto green card. 


Once the texture gel had dried I used a mix of gelatos and Distress Sprays to colour the background....of course at this point I realised I should have varnished the block first as I then had to repaint the remaining surfaces!!


Some words from the Bold Sentiments: Discover set and a hot glue gun were all that were needed to finish off the project.


I hope you've been inspired by today's tutorial and I'll catch you again next month.

Products used:

ARTplorations: Gridlocked and Foiled Again stencils
STAMPlorations: Morning Glory large stamp and Bold Sentiments: Discover stamp set

Others: gesso, black lava texture gel, Distress Sprays and Gelatos

5 comments:

  1. Lovely - such a contrast between the grungy textured background and the lovely blooming flower. And the sentiment is perfect... because it seems flowers come up any where they can push their little heads through.. and give us joy. One of life's wonders! Very inspiring Carol. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Lots of texture and that gorgeous flower! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful texture on this project. Love the colour combination you've used...quite unusual (for me) but it really works so well. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so amazing! For a second I thought it was real piece of brick wall you use for the project :D

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog