Friday, May 6, 2016

FOREVER MY FRIEND tutorial by Carol

Hello everyone, Carol here today showing how I upcycled an old box to make a pretty gift holder for a friend.

This is how the box started life.


A coat of black gesso got rid of the tell tale logo.


I then used transparent matt textured paste through the Lattice Y stencil.


Once dry, I dry brushed with some white gesso. At this point the project took a totally different turn to what I'd had in mind! (Nothing new there then!)


I got out my Mica Powders and dotted three colours all over with a brush.


Me and Mica Powders don't seem to work well together but I immediately sprayed with water and set the colours with my heat gun. I then highlighted with some gilding waxes.


My sentiment is from Fond Expressions 2, stamped with versamark and heat embossed with gold detail EP before being die cut and mounted onto a gold die cut.


A very quick and simple transformation, all ready to add a gift to for a friend who doesn't do fussy and fancy.


I hope you've enjoyed my tutorial today and I'll see you again next month.

Products used:
ARTplorations stencil: Lattice Y 
STAMPlorations stamp: Fond Expressions 2

Other Products:
Gesso
Transparent Matt Textured Paste
Mica Powders
Gilding Waxes
Spellbinders Dies

2 comments:

  1. What a clever idea. Thank you for the step by step and for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Carol, a super transformation.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog